1) Update your students about where to go when they get off the bus, should schools close early.
2) Remember, when schools are opening under a 1- or 2-hour delay, bus pickups begin 1 or 2 hours later than normal. With incredibly cold temperatures, please prepare students by dressing them in layers with hats and gloves. Before-school care opens under the same delay, and no breakfast is served on days with delayed openings.
3) Be reminded the YMCA after-school program remains open until 6 p.m. when school dismisses early. No YMCA childcare is offered at schools, when schools are closed; however enrolled children may be brought to the main Suffolk YMCA on Godwin Boulevard for childcare on those days at no additional cost.
4) Make sure we know how you’d prefer to receive updates. The best and easiest way to identify your preferences is to log into www.schoolmessenger.com/start
You will need the correct email address you have associated with your staff or student information.
5) For more information, visit www.spsk12.net/parents/delays-closings/